- Early Packet Pickup: 3:00 Pm – 7:00 pm October 10th @ By Foot Sports 123-A East Dalton Road, King NC 27021 (map)
- Date: October 11th, 2014
- Race Day Packet Pickup: 6:00 – 7:15 AM
- Start Time 50 Miler: 7:30 AM
- Start Time 50 K: 8:00 AM
- Distances: 50K (31 miles) and 50 mile Trail Marathon
- Time Limit: Both race courses will close at 12:00 AM. There will be cut offs along the course where course marshalls will pull athletes behind schedule off of the course. Timeline to come.
- The majority of the 50k event will be run on the hiking/bridal trails of the Sauratown Trail system
- The 50 miler will also use the Sauratown Trails for the second half of its race, but it will utilize the trails at Pilot Mountain State Park for the first 22 miles.
- Note: some stream crossings may be necessary on the Ultra distance depending on rain levels in the weeks leading up the event.
The 50 kilometer race will start at Pilot Mountain State Park while the 50 Miler will begin at the Dan River at the end of Pilot Mountain Corridor. Both will make its way along the Pilot Mountain, Sauratown and Hanging Rock Trail systems finishing at the end of Indian Creek Trail where your car, a pig roast, music and beer will be waiting for you. Athletes can choose to drive themselves to the start line or they can park at the finish line early in the morning and take one of our hired buses to the start line.
Aid Station Location:
Note: Aid Stations locations may change slightly due to course modifications and availability of safe zones to host stations.
|Aid Station||Type||50 Miler Marker||50 K Marker|
|#1||Water Only||3 miles|
|#4||Water Only||17.5 miles||3.5 miles|
|#5||Full||21.5 miles||8 miles|
|#6||Full/bathrooms||24 miles||10.5 miles|
|#7||Full||27.6 miles||14.1 miles|
|#8||Full||31.6 miles||18.1 miles|
|#9||Full/bathrooms||36.5 miles||23 miles|
|#11||Full/bathrooms||46.1 miles||27.3 miles|
|#12||Water Only||48.2 miles||29.4 miles|
|Finish!||50 Miles!||50 Kilometers|
- Through May 1st: $55
- Through May 31st: $65
- Through August 20th: $75
- Through October 8th (no guarantee of shirt, finishers medal or bus – call to inquire): $75
- Through March 1st: $70
- Through May 31st: $80
- Through August 20th: $90
- Through October 8th (no guarantee of shirt, finishers medal or bus – call to inquire): $90
- Both races will finish at The Green Heron at the end of Indian Creek Trail
- Both the 50K and the 50 Miler will be chip timed.
- The top 3 men and women overall, along with the top 3 men (under 40 years), top 3 women (under 40 years), top 3 men (40-54 years), top 3 women (40-54 years), top 3 men (55 years or older), and top 3 women (55 years or older) will receive awards in both the 50K and 50 Mile event.
- Tech long sleeve race shirts
- Free bus trip to the starting line
- Finisher towels
- Finisher emergency blankets
- Finisher Medals
- Post race food and drinks
- Night before dinner and campfire
Rules / Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.