- Early Packet Pickup: 3:00 Pm – 7:00 pm, Friday, October 10th @ By Foot Sports 123-A East Dalton Road, King NC 27021 (map)
- Date: October 11th, 2014
- Race Day Packet Pickup at Respective Start Lines:
- 50 Mile Race: 6:00 – 7:00 AM
- 50k Race: 6:30 – 7:30 AM
- Start Time 50 Miler: 7:30 AM
- Start Time 50 K: 8:00 AM
- Distances: 50K (31 miles) and 50 mile Trail Marathon
- Time Limit: Both race courses will close at 12:00 AM. There will be cut offs along the course where course marshalls will pull athletes behind schedule off of the course. Timeline to come.
- The majority of the 50k event will be run on the hiking/bridal trails of the Sauratown Trail system
- The 50 miler will also use the Sauratown Trails for the second half of its race, but it will utilize the trails at Pilot Mountain State Park for the first 22 miles.
- Note: some stream crossings may be necessary on the Ultra distance depending on rain levels in the weeks leading up the event.
The 50 kilometer race will start at Pilot Mountain State Park (1459 Pinnacle Hotel Rd, Pinnacle, NC 27043) while the 50 Miler will begin at the horse trailer parking lot at the end of Pilot Mountain Corridor (607 Hauser Rd Pinnacle, NC 27043). Both will make their way along the Pilot Mountain, Sauratown, and Hanging Rock Trail systems finishing at the end of Indian Creek Trail at the Green Heron Club where your car, a pig roast, music and beer will be waiting for you. Athletes can choose to drive themselves to the start line or they can park at the finish line early in the morning and take one of our hired buses to the start line (this option is only available to those who register for the race by 9/28/14, and participants must sign up separately for the transportation by 10/2/14).
We will have a bag check area at the start of both races. A bag to use for bag check will be provided to all athletes at registration. For security reasons, this is the only bag that will be allowed to be left at bag check. These bags will be taken to a midway point on the course (mile marker 24 of the 50 Miler and mile marker 10.5 of the 50K) and then to the finish line. You must have your bib number to claim your bag at the finish.
Aid Station Location:
Note: Aid Stations locations may change slightly due to course modifications and availability of safe zones to host stations. Full stations will include water/gatorade as well as food options.
|Aid Station||Type||50 Miler Marker||50 K Marker|
|#1||Water Only||3 miles|
|#4||Water Only||17.5 miles||3.5 miles|
|#5||Full||21.5 miles||8 miles|
|#6 (2:40 PM cut off!)||Full/bathrooms||24 miles||10.5 miles|
|#7||Full||27.6 miles||14.1 miles|
|#8||Full||31.6 miles||18.1 miles|
|#9 (6:30 PM cut off!)||Full/bathrooms||36.5 miles||23 miles|
|#11||Full/bathrooms||46.1 miles||27.3 miles|
|#12||Water Only||48.2 miles||29.4 miles|
|Finish!||50 Miles!||50 Kilometers|
50 Kilometer Race:
- Through May 1st: $55
- Through May 31st: $65
- Through August 20th: $75
- Through October 8th and at packet pick-up (no guarantee of shirt, finishers medal – call to inquire, no option of ride to start line): $75
50 Mile Race:
- Through March 1st: $70
- Through May 31st: $80
- Through August 20th: $90
- Through October 8th and at packet pick-up (no guarantee of shirt, finishers medal – call to inquire, no option of ride to start line): $90
- Both races will finish at The Green Heron Club at the end of Indian Creek Trail
- Both the 50K and the 50 Miler will be chip timed.
- The top 3 men and women overall, along with the top 3 men (under 40 years), top 3 women (under 40 years), top 3 men (40-54 years), top 3 women (40-54 years), top 3 men (55 years or older), and top 3 women (55 years or older) will receive awards in both the 50K and 50 Mile event.
- Tech long sleeve race shirts
- Free bus trip to the starting line (only available for registrations before 9/28/14)
- Finisher towels
- Finisher emergency blankets
- Finisher Medals
- Post race food and drinks
Rules / Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.